Also Read Terms of Service
Scope of this privacy statement
Any information entered on BackSlash Linux's main site and subdomains are under the control of BackSlash Linux team and BackSlash Linux is not responsible for any information you entered on a site not linked directly with backslashlinux.com
What personal information is collected?
BackSlash Linux collects personal information directly from you when you interact with us through our websites, including, without limitation, when you:
- Buy Professional Support
- Request Support
- Register for a BackSlash Linux Event or Webcast
- Request Information or Materials (e.g., Source Code, Release Information, etc)
- Get Involved while donating, transtaing or developing for us
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the types of personal information collected directly from you may include, without limitation:
- Information used to communicate with you, such as name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address and language;
- Information that BackSlash Linux maintains in association with your account, such as your username, password, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status and support inquiries; and
- Information contained in your Get Involved documents, such as resume, cover letter, age, education, professional history and contact details.
We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites and response to our emails through the use of various technologies. Collecting information in this manner allows us to analyze the effectiveness of our websites and our marketing efforts, personalize your experience and improve our interactions with you. For more information about the technologies we employ for these purposes, see the “Cookies and Other Technologies” section below.
Please note that, we never supplement the personal information we collect from you to any third-parties or partners.
How we use your personal information?
BackSlash Linux uses personal information in an effort to enhance your experience on our websites. In addition, we may use personal information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill Your Requests. If you request something from BackSlash Linux, such as a product or service, a call back, or specific marketing or other materials, we may use the personal information you provide to respond your request. We or our representatives may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
- Provide You with Information About Our Products, Services and Events. BackSlash Linux may use your personal information to notify you about product and service offerings as well as events that we believe may be of interest to you. BackSlash Linux also may use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other specific requests.
- Provide Support and Customer Service. We may use your personal information to provide support for products or services you have obtained from us and answer other questions. In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your systems. This data may contain information about you, or your organization’s business, employees, customers, partners, or suppliers. This Privacy Statement does not apply to our access to or handling of this information. The conditions regarding the handling and processing of that data is covered by the applicable agreement between you and BackSlash Linux, such as our Professional Support Agreement.
We will not use your personal information in a manner that is inconsistent with the purpose of its original collection, unless you have consented.
How we share your personal information?
BackSlash Linux will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others without your consent.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off any cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings.
No third party cookies like Cloudflare or Google Analytics are enabled on this site. Cookies may be stored if you pay through Paypal or Instamojo. You're requested to check with your respected choice of payment.
Zero tracker Policy
BackSlash Linux has devised a new policy of not to track your records and not to implement any trackers on your browsing though any advertising or partners. The number of trackers on a website can be checked via Ghostery.